Fish is a powerhouse of nutrition, without a doubt. But there are also some disadvantages. know them
Fish is an excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids and contains good quality protein
Fish is an important part of a balanced diet. It is believed that the inclusion of fish in the diet can prevent and cure many diseases. This is because it is an excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids and contains good quality protein. It is also low in saturated fatty acids while being rich in nutrients to improve our heart health. Fish is a powerhouse of nutrition, without a doubt. But there are also some disadvantages. Nutritionist Anjali Mukerjee talks about it in an Instagram post. She writes: “Although fish is known for its health benefits, recent studies show that it also contains heavy metals which it accumulates over a period of time. These accumulate in the oily parts of the fish. This is the result of effluent discharged into water bodies. Large amounts of waste dumped carelessly into the sea and ocean pollute not only water bodies but also fish. The fish consume this waste and the heavy metals are slowly deposited in their bodies.
What are the harmful effects of eating such fish? Here are some issues:
1. Often damage to healthy cells can affect generations. The risk of cellular mutations also increases, which can make generations susceptible to genetic abnormalities.
2. Children and pregnant women may be at increased risk of excessive exposure to mercury from fish. A high dose of mercury also affects the unborn fetus and the nervous system of a young child.
3. It may also increase the risk of diabetes.
So how do you eat fish the right way? Nutritionist Anjali Mukerjee gives us some tips on how to eat fish properly so as not to be affected by polluted fish. Here are a few tips:
1. Eat low-mercury fish, such as pomfret and hilsa, 3-4 times a week.
2. Eat fish with moderate mercury content, such as lobster and rohu, no more than 5-6 times a month.
3. Consumption of fish with high mercury content, such as tuna and swordfish, is not recommended.
Here is the post:
Make sure your body is not negatively affected by eating the wrong type of fish.
Disclaimer: This content, including advice, provides generic information only. It does not in any way replace qualified medical advice. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim any responsibility for this information.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs, providing the most credible health information, health news and advice with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, videos informative, etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate information you need about health issues. such as diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle related diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by providing valuable input and bringing us the latest in the world of healthcare.